Effictive Team Work
1) Focus- Task, team
2) Clarification-Clarify task,mission statements.
3) Quiet member-Shoud speak out,Team should encourager.
4) Sign posting-Recall team goals,reacall larger picture.
5) Dominant member-Are you that person? Can summarize and ask other views.
6) Avoid single solution-Generate alternatives ,pick one option, monitor the out comes.
7) Written records-This clarifies decision made, record decision on large display.
8) Active communication-Speaker shoud express ideal such that listener should understand that.
9) Feed back-Negative,Positive.
10)Handling failure-Do not blame,prevent repetition,examine causes.
11)Handling dead lock-Create middle strategy,toss a coin,create sub teams.
Factors Affecting Team Performance or Ineffective
1)Ineffective teamwork skill-
1)Fault finding-Seeking sympathy,blaming others,taking all the credit.
9)Doing nothing to solve problems competing with other members,taking behand other back.
10)Group think-Lack of awareness pressure to conform.
Suppose a team needs to work together on developing product.The performance of the team is evaluated based on the final product that is developed. In such a case two thinks can happen.
All team members are work hard on developing the product.
One or two of the team members work hard,the remaining members don’t perform to their best possible capacity.
1 to 4 are known as Task Oriented Behavior.
And follows are Social-emotional role.
Get Details with each parameter…..
Prods the team members to come to a consensus and decide on a action plan.
Seeks verbal agreement from the team members.
Help the team to move forward from one decision to another.
Record your team activities.
Key aspects of effective teamwork.
Level of effective skill
Behavior patterns that hider teamwork.
1) Inconsiderate behavior.
2) Being overly critical.
3) Competing with the other team members.
4) Dominating and Manipulating team member.
5) Talking behind others back.
6) Seeking sympathy.
7) Employing team wasting tactics.
8) Withdrawing from the team.
9) Doing nothing constructive about the team’s problems.
10) Taking all the credit for the team success.
Prevent the team from deviating from the main theme of the discussion or the work at hand and tries to achieve this without hurting the sentiments of any member or creating a negative atmosphere in the team.
Ø Make sure that the team decision are realistic.
Ø Point out whether a statement made by a team members is a fact or just an opinion.
Ø Specifies whether the team has all the information required to reach the right decision.
Ø Prevents the team from taking any action that is beyond its anthority.
Begins the team discussion on the right note.
Gets the team to agree on an action plan before starting work on a task.
Ø Brings into the open the conflicts existing within the team,to resolve them.
Ø Direct team discussion towords fulfilling the individual needs of the team members.
The Team Barometer-
Notices and brings to everyone’s attension change in the emotional tone,the energy level and the general enthusiasm of the team.
Ø Help communication within the team.
Ø Stresses the importance of listening to and empathizing with team members to participate more actively.
Ø Overshadowing the less outspoken ones.
The Energy Booster-
Ø Builds and sustains the team’s energy by enthusiastically supporting members efforts,ideas and achievement.
Ø Give verbal as well as non-verbal encouragement to team members.